Blog #3

    Home is a term that is very endearing to us humans. It provides us our identity and our upbringing as well as being a place of residency. A home is a place to give comfort, safety, and happiness to one or multiple people. Those that grow up in homes can meet other people who also live in homes, those of which are called "neighbors". A collection of these homes with neighbors become a neighborhood and I would venture often to neighborhood to neighborhood. You can make friends and learn from others, have bonds and have the first sleepover. Neighbors can trust one another or not, it depends. The feelings of missing home exist when far from the home for a certain amount of time ranging from immediately leaving the house to traveling to a different country. Homesickness is a condition that exists as a result of the lack of comfort in a current location and the longing to be back at a comforting environment hits the mind and heart of the homesick. To quote a person named Creed Bratton: "It all seems so very arbitrary. I applied for a job at this company because they were hiring. I took a desk at the back because it was empty. But no matter how to get there or where you end up, human beings have this miraculous gift of making that place their home." This quote resonates with me and I, too, feel at home at places I frequent such as the school I attend.

    Home can be anything that someone has grown up in for a long time. For me, I moved around three times. The first home I grew up in since infancy was in Severn, Maryland. This location provided me my early childhood memories where I discovered the Internet, started playing sports like basketball, lacrosse, and even the beginning of my martial arts interests, starting with Tae-Kwon-Do. I eventually moved to Woodstock, Maryland for my 4th grade to 6th grade, an experience where I feel has been the most nostalgic for me and I wish I could have lived there more. I started joining in more community activities such as the club swimming team and made a lot of friends compared to the friends I made growing up. The current place I call home is located in Ellicott City, Maryland which is not too far from the previous home. Starting 7th grade, I have lived here ever since and there were quite a lot of unpleasant and pleasant memories. It was here when things truly changed for me and I became more grown up and faced harsh moments in life that helped me gain experiences to grow as a person.


Custom House Portraits | House Portrait Painting

Comments